A significant share of the immediate industrial opportunities in EAGA are in value-added processing of existing natural resources, in particular agriculture, forestry and fishery products. However, other resource-based segments present attractive investment opportunities, particularly in the following sectors:
- Metal products such as the manufacture of castings, pipes, fittings, flanges, nuts, bolts, screws, anodized and specialty coated metals, structural metal products, boilers, containers, simple tools and implements
- Ferrous and non-ferrous metal products such as the manufacture of iron, steel, aluminum and ferro-alloy products
- Construction and building materials such as the production and trading of aggregates and other construction raw materials, concrete products, pre-fabricated building products
- Non-metallic mineral products such as the production of silica sand and the manufacture of sheet, flat and plate glass for housing and building construction industries
- Downstream chemical and petrochemicals production taking advantage of the huge oil and gas industry in some areas of the subregion. Products include naphtha, inorganic chemicals and fertilizers obtained from both petroleum and coal, basic and intermediate industrial chemicals, cocoa chemicals and oleochemicals.